Monday, July 26, 2010

Happyness

A friend asked me why I spell happiness as "happyness". At first I thought that I'm spelling it that way just to make me unique. But then the question made me stop for a while and and then I realized one thing. Maybe my subconsious suggests I spell it incorrectly because essentially, we can not find real happiness in perfection. And maybe that is also the reason why Will Smith's movie was entitled "The Pursuit of Happyness".




Happyness is a relative thing. The things that can make me happy can be very different with the things that can make you happy. But no matter how different our standards of happyness is, it is unfortunate that we seldom search it on the things other than what we have right now. We assume that the things we lack now can make us happy. It almost seems like happyness is synonymous with contentment. But what if we never get what we want?


Most people that I know put their happyness in other people. I am guilty of this myself... three years ago. I learned that I can be happy with the things that I choose to make me happy. Maybe we just don't realize it, but everyday we make decisions that determines our life years from now and happyness is always one of the choices we have. I have learned that I can always choose to be happy even in front of the ever temptress depression. I learned it the hard way but I benefit from it now. And don't worry about choosing happyness over the other choices, no one said you can only choose one. =)


And so I share you the things that induces the production of phenylethylamine in my body right now. I can't have chocolates right now so I take these as alternatives.




This is Owl City's Vanilla Twilight. I just find myself gushing over this song. Something about the vocalist's voice, the lyrics and the overall vibe of the song relieves some of my immediate anxieties.



This is another Owl City song. As what I posted on facebook, the song in itself is already making me "kileeeeg" but the video is just so cute that it adds more "kileeeg" to the song. Its simplicity is making me smile... and think of someone.
=)

No comments: